The Office of Instructional Design provides resources to faculty who want to integrate technology in teaching and learning for face-to-face, blended and online courses. This is accomplished through guided instruction via one-on-one meetings, group workshops, and online training on pedagogical as well as technical issues.
Specific departmental goals include:
- Facilitate discussion on campus on the use of technology for teaching and learning through technology-themed events such as workshops, seminars and showcases.
- Work with faculty, administration, staff and students to establish policies and procedures for blended and online course offerings that emphasize quality and utilize best practices.
- Collaborate with the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning to develop opportunities for faculty development.
- Provide an opportunity for testing new technologies as they become available (fostering innovation).
- Troubleshooting technical problems for faculty with phone, email and walk-in support.
- Create student web resources to enhance their experience in all classes utilizing technology tools.
- Offer optional course templates with a variety of standard features that can be customized by individual faculty members.